Kids Matters OT is a registered provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The NDIS has been developed to provide funding to help people with disabilities and their families to access support services. We can offer services under Early Childhood Supports and Therapeutic Supports. Please have a chat to our friendly staff about how to access our services through the NDIS.
COVID-19 UPDATE – To help providers to continue to deliver supports to participants through this time, the NDIA is introducing a number of changes, including:
- A temporary 10 per cent increase to the price limit of some Core and Capacity Building supports
- Changes to the cancellation rules
The NDIA started these changes on the 25 March and they will be in place for six months. The NDIA will review this change in three months to assess if the changes continue to be appropriate. In light of this, and to ensure that we can continue to provide support to you via Telehealth, Home Programmes and telephone support, our fees will increase temporarily as below:
Treatment & Report Costs
– Initial consultation via Telehealth 50 mins + 10 mins notes: $213.39
– OT Therapy via Telehealth or Phone consultation: 50 mins + 10 mins notes: $213.39
– OT Therapy via Telehealth or Phone consultation: 30 mins + 10 mins notes: $142.26
– Reporting costs at hourly rate – includes writing of home programmes & preparation of visual resources: $213.39/hr or part thereof
– Email correspondence over 15 minutes: $213.39/hour billed in 15min increments
NDIS Cancellation Policy
The NDIS definition of short notice cancellation has changed. From 25 March 2020, participants will be required to give 10 business days’ notice (previously it was two days) for a cancellation if they want to avoid paying the full fee for a cancelled service.
This change in the definition of short notice cancellations is for a six-month period (25 March 2020 to 25 September 2020), with an initial review at three months to determine if it continues to be appropriate. When reviewing, the NDIA will consider a range of factors, including the current status of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We appreciate your understanding of the situation, and we will continue to deliver therapy services to you and your families throughout this difficult time.
Call us on 07 3392 6133 or email [email protected]