AT A GLANCE
Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
Area of Focus
ASD, ADHD, sensory processing, developmental delays, DCD
Sensory Integration trained
Individuals sessions, parent sessions, school consultations, mobile community visiting
Jill is a South African trained Occupational Therapist, who relocated to Brisbane in 2014. She has over 20 years’ experience in working with children and their families, having worked as a school-based therapist and in private practice she is experienced in assisting infants and children with various developmental, learning, motor and emotional challenges. Jill recognises the value of family input in the therapy journey and works closely in supporting families and coaching them to support achievement of therapy outcomes.
Jill has experience in supporting children with:
- sensory processing and regulatory disorders
- behavioural and emotional difficulties
- Developmental Coordination Disorders (DCD)
- general developmental delays
- postural difficulties
- motor planning challenges
- Jill is a certified sensory integration trained therapist. South African Institute of Sensory Integration
- Developing Pretend Play Skills in Children – Karen Stagnitti
- Occupational Performance coaching
- DCD/Dyspraxia-The Role of Occupational Therapy
- An Introduction to DIR ®and DIRFloortime®by ICDL (Introductory course DIR 101)
- King of swings workshop, Sensory motor workshop
- Getting the most out of supervision, Michele Bihary
- Gravity Online workshop, Supporting postural and motor needs of children.
- Traffic Jam in my Brain
- The art of Paediatric Therapy by Alice Svensk
- Sensory approaches in OT clinical practices
- Essential Competencies in Sensory Integration
- Sensory spaces, Working with the younger child
- Applying SI Theory and strategies to diverse populations
Jill prides herself as a child centered therapist who enjoys meeting children at their developmental level and using a playful, child led approach to establish therapeutic relationships. Jill often uses a bottom-up developmental approach meeting her clients at their developmental level to support their therapy goals and functional outcomes in all areas of the child’s life. Jill is trained in sensory integration and uses this knowledge and clinical reasoning to further support both an understanding of her clients needs as well as to support their developmental gains and ability to adapt to day to day challenges.
Jill was born and grew up in South Africa, with most of her extended family still living in South Africa she knows the importance of a supportive network and truly believes in the proverb ‘it takes a village to raise a child’.
When not working Jill enjoys being a mum to her young son and pursuing her creative hobbies, travelling to new places and enjoying outdoor adventures with her family.
Sometimes, despite our best efforts you or the therapist may find that you are not a good fit. If your therapist feels that he or she is not best suited to you, he/ she will discuss this with you and recommend a more appropriate therapist.
If you feel that your therapist is not a good fit within the first three sessions, simply discuss this with our admin team who will find a more suitable therapist.