Currently Hiring – Aspley:
Growth minded New or recent graduate Occupational Therapists who are looking to change lives through paediatric Occupational Therapy – for Aspley Clinic.
(More experienced therapists are welcome to apply)
Kids Matters OT is a well- established occupational therapy practice which began in 2005. Our central focus is assisting children and families to thrive and live their potential. We also are committed to providing equal opportunities for all to access quality allied health services.
As a large practice we are committed to sustainable growth – the growth of each team member as professionals to best serve our clients; and the growth of a family-like, honest, caring and authentic culture. In 2018 we commenced our graduate program and have supported the development of many young therapists since that time.
At Kids Matters OT, we focus on three pillars of excellence – customer service including excellent administration support and high quality evidence based practice; team well-being where each team and the individuals in them are supported and cared for; and profitability so we can provide excellent professional development and resources to the team. Our targeted new graduate training program includes over 30 hours of intensive Professional Development with some of the most experienced paediatric Occupational Therapists in Brisbane.
What you receive
- An induction process that allows work shadowing and teaching with a caseload that is gradually phased in over the first six months so you can learn in the “just right mode” to ensure that so you can accelerate your professional development while feeling confident in your learning and applying this to clients.
- A full-time permanent position so you have stability.
- Enrolment in our new graduate program with group mentoring weekly for the first 3 months continuing thereafter on a monthly basis; individual mentoring twice weekly for the first three months and then weekly ongoing.
- Opportunity to grow personally and professionally so that you can be the best you can be
- Excellent technology and support so that you can work efficiently
- Excellent administrative support so you can focus on your work with clients
- Opportunity to be involved in a range of projects in the future including presenting seminars, developing and expanding the equipment shop, rural services and involvement in our 3rd world initiatives so you can continue growing and learning
- A family-like culture where team members really care for each other so you can belong
- Flexibility in your roster so that you can engage in other interests and needs
- Access to a wealth of clinical resources and support from some of the most experienced therapists in Brisbane to enhance your growth
- Annual Professional Development Allowance on completion of the first year of intensive in-house professional development to help you develop specific skills and interests
What kind of person do you need to be?
- Passionate about paediatrics
- Have a positive, friendly attitude
- Adaptable and open to learning from your mistakes as well as your successes
- Team player
- Works independently and has initiative but also values learning from others
- Desires to be the best person and therapist you can be
- Seeking stability and sustainable growth
- Desires to help others live their potential – clients and team mates
Closing Date: 10/12/2020